What is the best road trip to take from Edmonton, AB?
The best road trip from Edmonton, Alberta will depend on your interests and the amount of time you have for your journey. Edmonton is a great starting point for exploring the natural beauty and diverse landscapes of western Canada. Here are a few road trip options you can consider:
1. Jasper National Park: Head west from Edmonton to Jasper National Park, which is about a 4-5 hour drive. You'll be treated to stunning mountain scenery, pristine lakes, and opportunities for outdoor activities like hiking, wildlife viewing, and exploring the famous Icefields Parkway.
2. Banff and Lake Louise: Continue your journey south from Jasper to Banff National Park, which is approximately a 3-4 hour drive from Jasper. Banff and Lake Louise are known for their breathtaking mountain landscapes, hot springs, and charming towns.
3. Drumheller: If you're interested in history and unique landscapes, head east from Edmonton to Drumheller, which is about a 3-hour drive. You can explore the Badlands, visit the Royal Tyrrell Museum, and see dinosaur fossils.
4. Calgary and the Canadian Rockies: Drive south from Edmonton to Calgary, which is about a 3-hour drive. From Calgary, you can explore the city's attractions and then continue on to the Canadian Rockies, including Canmore and Kananaskis Country.
5. Waterton Lakes National Park: Travel south to Waterton Lakes National Park, which is about a 5-6 hour drive from Edmonton. Waterton offers beautiful mountain landscapes, hiking trails, and the opportunity to explore the Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park.
6. Northern British Columbia: If you're looking for a longer road trip, you can head west from Edmonton and explore northern British Columbia. The drive will take you through scenic areas with opportunities for camping, fishing, and outdoor adventures.
7. Saskatchewan: Big Muddy Badlands: Head east from Edmonton to explore the unique landscape of the Big Muddy Badlands in southern Saskatchewan. This area features unusual rock formations and a glimpse into the Wild West history of the region.
Remember to plan your trip according to the time of year, as road conditions and weather can vary significantly in this region. Additionally, make sure your vehicle is in good condition for the trip, and have a well-thought-out itinerary with accommodations booked in advance, especially during peak travel seasons. Enjoy your road trip adventure!
Brought to you by #centre101autorepair and #DataDiggerDon